You can currently find a selection of my work in the following galleries:
The Mezzanine, Redbrick
218 Bradford Road, Batley
The Great North Art Show
Saturday 1st September – Sunday 23rd September 2018
The Great North Art Show is an exciting and diverse open exhibition of contemporary art by professional northern artists, in the magnificent setting of Ripon Cathedral in North Yorkshire.
The exhibition features some of the United Kingdom’s finest Painters, Illustrators, Printmakers, Photographers and Sculptors.
You can find out more by visiting the Great North Art Show website
Emerging Artists Exhibition at Bils & Rye
Saturday 1st September – Saturday 3rd November 2018
Bils & Rye is an eclectic art gallery specialising in sculpture, ceramics and fine art paintings by British and International artists.
There is a relaxed, informal atmosphere in the gallery much reminiscent of Kettle’s Yard in Cambridge, verified by many visitors. Settees and stool abound throughout the gallery which sits well with a hands on approach to viewing the exhibits.
The works on display have a consistency of quality, form and often function. Sculpture by leading artists including Simon Gudgeon, Nichola Theakston and Helen Sinclair sits alongside the exciting emerging artists like Tom Hiscocks and many more.
The ceramics have a Japanese inspired influence and tend towards arty porcelain works by some of the UK and Europe’s leading ceramicists plus some gems from further afield.
Fine art paintings adorn the walls throughout the gallery and tend towards the slightly abstract with the occasional wild card thrown in. Many of the paintings are inspired by the North York Moors or the coast line from Scarborough to Saltburn.
Details of the exhibion can be found on the Bils & Rye website
Friday 26th October – Sunday 28th October 2018
I will be returning in 2018 to the art& Show, York.
The art& show is a fantastic opportunity for collectors, buyers, art lovers and anyone else who is interested in meeting artists and buying unique artworks to come along to this friendly, accessible and affordable show. Set over 3-days the art& show has over 120 artists work for sale & commission from a wide price range of £10-£20,000.
As well as having artists selling their own artworks there will live music, interactive areas, installations, workshops, demonstrations and a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
The Staithes Festival of Arts & Heritage
Saturday 7th September – Saturday 8th September 2019
I shall be returning to East Lea on the High Street for the festival in 2019.
The Staithes Festival of Arts and Heritage features a selling exhibition of artwork over 150 artists which will take place over the weekend of 7th and 8th September 2019 in some 100 temporary galleries in cottages, houses and public spaces throughout the village.
The preview evening takes place on Friday 6th September 7 -8.30pm. Everyone is welcome.
In addition, there will be also walks, talks, workshops, concerts and heritage events throughout the weekend.
Entry to the Festival is free of charge and you can find out more about it on the Staithes Festival website.
Past Events & Exhibitions
- Joint Exhibition – Coast Gallery, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
- Selected Artist – Saltaire Arts Trail, Saltaire, West Yorkshire
- RAW17 Group Exhibition – The Sculpture Lounge, West Yorkshire
- The Great North Art Show – Ripon, North Yorkshire
- Emerging Artists Group Exhibition – Bils & Rye Gallery, North Yorkshire
- Staithes Festival of Arts & Heritage – North Yorkshire
- Art& Show – York, North Yorkshire
- Saltwater : Views of the sea, Solo Exhibition – Unity Works, West Yorkshire
- Liable to Flood, Group Exhibition – The Mental Health Museum, West Yorkshire
- Art& Show – York, North Yorkshire
- The Great Sheffield Art Show – The Millennium Gallery, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- 2017 Art& RAW Talent Award for emerging artists
- 2017 Winner of the Best Presented Stand Award at Art& Show awarded by The Yorkshire Sculpture Park